Friday, September 28, 2007

Thing 23

At last I have completed it! It was an intersting experience learning about such a variety of internet tools. My home branch gave me time to work on it, but I also worked at home, since I only work 8 hours a week.
My favorite experience was creating a search tool with Rollyo. I was able to do it without asking for help, and it actually worked!
Doing the 23 things helped me with my goal of learning more ways to use the computer.
One unexpected outcome of the program was finding a practical use for the Rollyo I created. I can look up information about upcoming bird walks by just going to one sight.
Future courses like this could be improved by having more(some) feedback when we finish each task. Also, I would appreciate some review or a print copy to refer to to refresh my memory.
Since I work so few hours, I probably won't participate in another program like this because of time restraints. I enjoyed doing it.
I learned a lot from this program, but I'm not sure I'll retain it. These things need to be used constantly to be really learned.

1 comment:

TheLibraryLass said...

You did it! Hurrah!!!!! :-D